Making a Social Impact
S.T.E.A.M. Achievers #HackAutism on Saturday, April 20, 2019 at University of Texas at Dallas (UTD):
New this Year: Fun, Mentorship & Impact with Company-Led Teams!
Join Fellow Executives, Engineers, Doctors, Developers, Nurses, PMs and DFW Scholars to Discover, Innovate & Impact Autism
- General mentorship from professionals in careers unrelated to science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics
- High school volunteers will participate in mentorship and logistics under the guidance of the STEAM Achievers team. You may bring your volunteer forms to receive signatures and credit for their service.
To request the STEAM Achievers Purpose Hackathon Volunteer Registration link, please email: email@example.com
Internship Opportunities March – November 2019:
- Year-round internship opportunities and volunteer hours are available for college and high school students.
- High school students receive volunteer hours towards the Texas Education Association (TEA) Community Service Hours requirements for graduation.
- Community service opportunities also available for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts.
To request an Application for Internship, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Opportunities for Professionals in S.T.E.A.M., Project Management, Communication, Government, Media and Education
March – July 2019
- Application development
- Web design
- Database development
- Video Game Design
- Cyber security
- Project Management
- Social media
- Community and government engagement
- Media outreach
- Sponsor outreach
- Grant research and grant writing
- Volunteer coordination
To request the Volunteer Registration Link, please email: email@example.com.
Custom Community Engagement Opportunities
We have a wide variety of ways in which your company can get involved in STEAM Achievers Programs which are impacting children and youth around Dallas Fort Worth. We are extremely honored to have received requests for customized volunteer opportunities for teams from large fortune 500 companies, desiring to make a social impact along with us.
Whether you are a small or large organization, we would love to hear from you and welcome your partnership and assistance in providing unique, STEAM-focused, hands on experiences and mentorship for scholars in your field of expertise.
Securing your Talent Pipeline: STEAM Achievers scholars want to know – What do you REALLY do at your company?
A New Approach to Talent Acquisition and Social Impact
It is almost scary to imagine that current 11th graders will probably be submitting resumes for employment at your company in only 1 year, 5 years, if they go to college, which we trust they will. This idea should not be scary at all if we are doing what we must to inform them and get them excited about what our organization stands for, about our required skill sets, business etiquette, professional presentations, resume preparation and just as important… company culture.
What a Partnership with STEAM Achievers Could do for your Company
To help build a reliable pipeline which is aligned with your company’s Diversity and Inclusion goals, while at the same time making a social impact, it may be worth considering making a mark in scholars by engaging them in strategic, impactful mentorship programs, workshops and where possible, field trips within your organization. Companies are now faced with a new millennial workforce that wants to to do even more to make a meaningful difference in their community.
We help you structure a relevant, simplistic and sustainable engagement program that is not only rewarding for your employees, but also one that gives impacts your local community in the initiatives your organization is most passionate about.
STEAM and Career-Focused Mentorship
- These are opportunities that can be aligned with our existing program framework. Mentorship commitment is customized for the busy professional, allowing for sustainable engagement.
- They could be as simple as a 30-minute mentorship session or interactive presentation once a week or bi-weekly at one of our program locations.
Partner on Career Field Trips
- Learning experiences through field trips within your organization.
- STEAM Achievers’ core objective is to get kids and youth excited about science, technology, engineering, art and math. Our goal is to put the dots so close together that they can visualize a career in STEAM. With that in mind, we are intentional about providing scholars with strategic opportunities for exposure into a variety of careers and helping them understand what it would take to become a professional in the field.
- The opportunity to have STEAM Achievers scholars visit your organization to get a better understanding of real world businesses and operations would be a welcome addition to our programs, and, greatly appreciated.
- Learning experiences through STEAM-focused or career-focused workshops.
- STEAM pathways and careers can be wide in their scope. Whether your expertise is in medicine, engineering, human resources, manufacturing, social media platforms, farming, building enterprise data warehouses, banking, designing a fighter jet, baking, or any other, we welcome your partnership in providing hands-on workshops and projects for our scholars in your field.
Partnership and Volunteer Support
Contact us for more information on partnership opportunities, directions on how to sign up, volunteer registration links, or if you would like to participate in any of our summer and after school programs.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
STEAM Achievers is a Signature Program of S.N.A.C. Educational Services,
a Non Profit 501 (c) (3) Organization